If you’re looking for something FREE and fun to do on a Friday or Saturday night (or Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday for that matter), the Levitt Pavilion in Arlington never disappoints. The Levitt Pavilion is a beautiful grassy knoll with a great stage and sound system in the heart of downtown Arlington. It is host to hundreds of musicians and performers from around the world, with over 50 nights of FREE music each year! Their Summer Concert Series has been solid year after year, with Jazz, home-grown Texas musicians and great Indie performances.
Our family goes multiple times every summer to enjoy a relaxed, festive, family-friendly experience under the stars. With the exception of one concert (the one that pays for the rest) the Summer Concert series is completely FREE with performances scheduled Wednesdays through Sundays and a more limited line-up in the Fall. Wednesday mornings and early evening Children’s Concerts run throughout the Summer season.
All of the Levitt Pavilion performances are family-friendly, dog friendly and wheelchair accessible. Bring some lawn chairs or a blanket, a picnic and drinks (no glass containers) for an incredibly affordable evening to remember.
We are lucky here in DFW to have such an amazing venue for great, free live-music all summer long! What a resource this is to our community.
Check out our What’s Happening Calendar or view the Summer Concert Series Schedule, find something that peeks your interest and go, go, go! It’s such a friendly, relaxing environment, you won’t regret it.
One of our favorite indie performances this summer was MarchFourth! Marching Band. This is not your typical marching band, it’s more like marching band meets psychedelic circus in the most wonderful of ways! 20 plus ultra-talented musicians, dancers, stilt walkers and artisans literally got us off our feet to shake our tail feathers! It was a great way to let loose a little while simultaneously entertaining and wearing out the wee ones.
Funny enough, here is a clip from one of the more relaxed moments. Most of the performance was impressively high-energy.
Know Before You Go
- Bring lawn chairs and or blankets to sit on. Lots of people bring lawn chairs, which can make it challenging to see if you’re sitting on blankets in the back.
- All parking at the Levitt Pavilion is free in the parking lots all around the pavilion and at the UTA College Park parking garage. Be sure to watch for small, private lots that have signs warning about towing. See a detailed parking map here.
- Most people start arriving about an hour before a concert begins or much earlier for really popular artists.
- Concessions are available to purchase, although many people bring libations and snacks as long as there are NO GLASS CONTAINERS.
- The restroom situation: port-a-potties are available at the west end of Founders Plaza and the bathrooms in City Hall also available during concerts, beginning 30 minutes before show time. We haven’t yet checked for changing tables, we’ll have to do that next season.
- The concerts are FREE but we feel so grateful for the gift this brings to our community that we like to support both the bands and the pavilion through donations and purchases when we can. You’ll see volunteers walking around with collection buckets toward the end of a show. Throw ’em a bone!
- If the weather is suspect, check here to see if a concert has been cancelled before heading out: 24-hour Information Line at 817.543.4301, Facebook and Twitter.
How to get to the The Levitt Pavilion
100 W. Abram St. Arlington, TX 76010
View Detailed Parking Map
Go out and have some DFW Free Fun!!! Let us know if you catch any shows, tell us all about it in the comments below.